Friday 5 July 2013

Maid Steals Employer’s Jewellery Worth N40M

A 23-year old housemaid, Rita Emmanuel, has been charged to court for allegedly stealing her employer’s jewellery valued at N40 million.
Rita, an indigene of Calabar, in Cross River State, admitted to the police that she handed them over to a fraudster who promised to make sacrifice for her to enable her marry a white man that would take her abroad.
The housemaid was arrested following a complaint lodged by Mrs. Adaeze Nwuba to the police at Zone 2 Command, Onikan, Lagos Island.
In her confessional statement to the police, Rita allegedly admitted that she was charmed by the fraudster whom she met on the street to steal the jewellery.
“When I went to buy a recharge card, a young man accosted me on the street and said heavens told him to help me solve my family problems. He told me to go back home and bring my madam’s jewellery for him to make a sacrifice for me.
“He promised me that after the sacrifice, all my enemies in my family will die and I would be able to marry a white man that will take me abroad. The moment he spoke with me, I lost my senses, and I ran home to pack my madam’s jewellery and handed them over to him,” she allegedly told the police.
Rita said after the man collected the jewellery, he took her to an unknown place with his car along with two other men and they molested her in turns.
“He dropped me off at Oshodi Bus Stop the next day and warned me not to tell anybody about what happened. He promised me that a white man would approach me for marriage within two days. Before I regained my consciousness, he had gone,” she said.
Rita was charged before an Igbosere Magistrates’ Court on a two-count charge of stealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...