Monday 2 September 2013

"Why I Posed Nude" - Waje

As controversy continues to trail her new video, I Wish, sexy singer, Waje, has explained the reasons behind her decision to feature in it in her ‘birthday suit’. In an exclusive chat with The Entertainer, Waje, who recently joined Globacom’s expanding league of brand ambassadors, said that her decision to bare it all was to highlight the plight of women who are victims of heartbreak across the globe.

“It’s a form of art. Music is a language, which involves a lot of expression and to be able to express yourself properly, you have to paint a picture for your viewers to understand. I Wish is the story of a vulnerable woman which was the picture I wanted to paint; a woman heart-broken, helpless and vulnerable. I wanted to draw attention to the plight of heartbroken women. I wanted to be as close as I could to nature for that video hence the unclad scenes,” she disclosed.

It would seem she was destined to make it big in music that has opened a lot of doors for her. The graduate of Social Works from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) started singing at an early age and that earned her scholarship, courtesy of late Benson Idahosa’s of Church of God Mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...